Sunday, November 2, 2008

Five Guys



So, I miss In-N-Out. I haven't had an In-N-Out burger in years. Okay- 2 years, but that's long enough. I have been on the hunt for a comparable burger here in Utah and have come up short handed every time.

I was excited when I heard about this new burger joint opening up near us. I heard rave reviews from a few people. Could this be the one?

Chris and I headed down one Saturday night to check it out. We got there around 5:30 and it was extremely crowded. Like, hover-over-people-finishing-their-food-so-you-can-get-their-table crowded. I thought, good sign. Their menu is similar to In-N-Out, but they have more choices for toppings. You can also get a bacon cheeseburger which isn't an option at In-N-Out. No milkshakes at 5 Guys though. :(

Anyway, to the food. I would give them a 3 out of 5. I was a little disappointed. It didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. In-N-Out is still my favorite burger joint (in UT, I would probably say Crown Burger is my favorite). It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't fabulous either. We'll probably eat there every once in a while. One thing I would recommend is to get a junior size burger unless you want a lot of meat. I was surprised that the cheeseburger I ordered had 2 hamburger patties on it. And order a regular size fry. The large was too big for Chris and I to finish.

So until (if ever) In-N-Out comes to Salt Lake (pretty puh-lease! if anyone important is reading this), we'll probably hit up 5 Guys or Crown Burger when we need a hamburger fix.

2 comments:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

I have actually heard about those guys.... glad to hear that I'm not missing too much. Have you had EZ Take Out Burger? You can actually eat there in CA, but its a lil similar to In N Out, but not like Chadders in American Fork... that was so much of a knock off that In N Out sued. :o

kamaile said...

I've not had an EZ Take Out Burger. Nor have I ever heard of Chadders. I've given up hope frankly.