Friday, October 24, 2008

Dolce Cafe & Bakery

So, I went home to California last weekend to get engagement pictures done. Ty & I took a trip to Dolce Cafe & Bakery with Jake & his girlfriend, Maria.


I originally planned on halving a sandwich with Ty so we could eat dessert, but we both ate a ton earlier that day at BJs (which I also highly recommend, for pizza... definitely NOT for their fish tacos... it was like a fish stick in a flour tortilla. TWO faux pas when you're cooking "Mexican food").

We had a turkey sandwich that was grilled. I don't remember what else it had... perhaps some pesto? I don't know, it was good is all I really remember. I'm a bit sad I wasn't hungry enough to eat dessert. One thing I did notice, is that the environment was not limited to, but seemed to breathe predominantly the gay culture. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bug me to be around them. But it seemed artsy and there was a huge group of ladies who... appeared to be living that lifestyle. Just something you might wanna know if you choose to go here and you happen to have issues with that.

All in all, it was quaint... and the food was good. Yum.

1 comment:

kamaile said...

Dessert to go!! I would have been all over that. Or perhaps skipped the sandwich and just ate dessert.