Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blue Plate Diner

I went to lunch with my friend, Ann, last week and we chose to go to the Blue Plate Diner in Salt Lake. I'd heard they had good diner fare and that they did. I read some reviews on-line before we went and they were either really positive or really negative. It seems to be a big favorite amongst the locals.

I would probably give the place 2.5 out of 5 stars. The service was incredibly slow, but they were busy that day. Being busy also meant really loud. Sometimes it was a bit difficult to hear what Ann was saying. I ordered the eggs benedict with avocado, spinach and mushrooms. It was pretty tasty and the portioning was rather large (I didn't even finish all of my food), but I don't think it was worth the $9 it cost. There was no attempt to pretty up the food. I admit that isn't my forte either, but they could at least try if I'm paying nearly $10 for an entree. I guess they did attempt- there was an orange slice laid on my country potatoes. And I was expecting avocado slices...not avocado mash. I'm curious as to what other fillers they had in there. There was a fair amount of spinach and mushrooms so that was good. The hollandaise sauce was yummy. I would definitely recommend the eggs benedict. Just not the avocado, spinach and mushroom one. Maybe the vegetarian or the original.

I might go again, but it would have to be at a less busy time of the day and I would have to be in the mood for diner food and slow service.


Blue Plate Diner
2041 S 2100 E

No comments: